Friday, December 9, 2011

My Sister's Wedding

And Finally..Here is the Concluding part of the blog post on My Sister's Wedding. Hope you guys have Enjoyed it uptil here and would like this one as well. Oh, and included are some photographs taken by the photographers at the wedding. Was really Overwhelmed by the pics when i finally got em. Had to carefully choose the ones below, in order to include every part of the wedding (plz do remind me if i ve Missed out on something). I do hope you would like my sincere efforts.
N now, getting on with My Sister's Wedding....

Dinner Time, it was finally here. But with the Indian twist. The groom’s side was seated in the arrangement as is called Sajan-Kot and we, the bride’s side, were to make sure they eat well. Or rather, that they Over-eat well. We were to make sure they are served everything on the menu. Ok..not really everything, that wasn’t feasible, but Maximum for sure.
And that’s exactly what we did.
Even me, the shy guy, was able to stuff a full paan in jijaji’s mouth ;) Ofcourse, there must ve been other achievements too, but I hardly remember that much.
Oh, and I nearly forgot the most important part and believe me when I say, I’m fitting this in here One day after I had actually written everything else :D
While trying to offer dishes, I finally got the lovely opportunity to make my sister eat from my hands. Gosh, I still remember how I used to be adamant to eat from her hands and she would lovingly fulfil my wish. And last time that this happened was not so long ago, just a few years down the memory lane. I was just so overwhelmed with happiness when I took that small jalebi and rabri to her mouth.
Oh, and I gave a bite to jijaji too, soon after that J

After the groom’s side was finished with dinner, it was our turn to settle down and satiate our tummy’s to our heart’s content. But that is hardly possible in Indian weddings. However much hungry you might have been, you’d opt out pretty soon.
Had quite some nice stuff with one of the bhabhi’s – some exotic fruit from brazil and, what I ordered for her on her request, Kandhari Naan. Both actually turned out to be very nice.

Right after their dinner, the Groom’s family and friends started pressing our side of family to be leave for home. They surely had a valid reason in the form of long distance to travel.
But how could have that wish be granted. There was still so much left to do. Not exactly in the form of rituals, but some fun games that are played by the new bride and groom. And after a lot of requesting and persuasion, they were forced to wait..Yeaaaaaahhhhh!! J

The games session started by playing what is called Kangna, where-in the groom has to un-tie numerous knots in a woven thread, called Kangna, tied to the bride’s wrist, and the bride has to do the same to the groom’s kangana. I couldn’t really see the game proceedings but it sure was fun.
Next up was the Ring-game. This time, a ring was put in a deep vessel, along with some water, milk, flowers, petals, grass; in order to disguise it. Both the bride and groom had to put their hands in the vessel and find the ring. Sure it sounds Easy, but I guess it’s actually not how it sounds. Anyways, seven rounds were played and finally my sister emerged out a winner. Not that I would ve been sad had she not won. I’d ve simply said my Jijaji emerged out as the winner ;)
Now was the time for jijaji to recite Chhand – small poem types, and get gifts from the brides mum. Again, I couldn’t hear clearly coz of the crowd.
Anyways, I have my own factory in my mind, to produce fresh Chhand. In case any groom needs assistance or gets stuck At the moment of recital, please contact me ;)
There was one more game involving some small mud vessels that were to be be crushed by jijaji using his foot, while one of the bhabhi’s tried to remove it with a stick. This one was super fun too and jijaji managed to crush most of them.

So far and very good. But now was the time everyone dreads – Vidai!! When the bride actually leaves with the groom and everyone gets anything but emotional.
Just that happened at Krishna Greens. Every eye had tears, either rolling down or just visible, but they were there. The day had definitely bought innumerable happiness to the Shikhar Parivaar, but the pain of parting could not be concealed. With a heavy heart, everyone hugged Aditi. Elders gave her blessings and we the younger ones just showed her our love.
At this time, there was no issues, there were no differences in our family. The grief of Vidai ruled us all alike. But that is what is the law.
Aditi and Nitin jijaji were sent off, we brothers pushing the decorated car slightly, as a sign of endless love and support to our sister.
Most family members stabilised soon after the moment was over. But to our amusement, two little  kids of our family had gotten too emotional and couldn’t control their feelings. They cried, even after everyone tried to calm them.

That was the end of a wonderful day, an amazing ceremony and a superbly planned and executed event.
But it was just a Start of a beautiful relationship – Aditi and Nitin.
AND, my favourite sister was now married. I’m definitely very happy for her. And I am sure our grandfather would be extremely happy as well, wherever he would be J J J



The Venue

Drive-way to the Entrance

The Entrance

Walk to Party Lawn

Party Lawn from Entrance

The Lounge Area

 
The FoodCourt
(I swear i didn't spend a lot of time here and this is the first time i am noticing the foodcourt This Much!! ;)

Lawn Seating
(some snack counters in the background)

Baraat

My Sister's Entry

The Varmala Ceremony

Pheron ka Mandap
(Place of Phere n other marriage rituals)

Phere
(We brothers at the perimeter)

The Ring Game
(Third hand is of the Bhabhi who puts in the ring and stir hides it)


4 comments:

  1. Nice post for a very emotional day. Hope she will be very happy. Also a beautiful venue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy, Thanx a lot. I hope d same fr her :) Thanx again for the compliments and for leaving by the compliments too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post..loved all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete